Thursday 23 June 2016

Goals

Here we are in July, half way through the year. I think this is a good time to look at my reading goals as they stand for this year and see how close I am to getting to achieving those goals. Here are my resolutions that I made this year:


1. Beat my last record of 35 books in 12 months. (May-May)
May to May I have not beaten this record this year I've managed to read 21. But hoping to ramp up the numbers in the second half of the year and focus on some smaller books.

2. Read for at least an hour every day.
I think I pretty accurately have been doing this, I have been reading on my commute everyday. I would like to have more discipline for reading at home, especially on the weekends. Make time for reading

3. Read all of the unread books on my shelves.
Certainly not going well on this front, there are so many books that I want to read! I vow. The next book I read will be from my book shelves.

4. Give away those books I'll never read again. Keepsakes get a box in the loft.
I think I will need to spend a weekend at my dads for this.

5. Join a library.
I DID join a library. but need to join a local library now. Well that's heartbreaking.

Overall, I am doing okay I think, and it's been useful to revisit those goals I made this year and get a new injection of motivation.

Let's not talk about my goal to lose 5 kilos, let's just not.

No comments:

Post a Comment