Thursday 18 February 2016

Favourite Fictional Couples

With Valentines Day just gone, I thought it would be nice to go through some of my favourite fictional couples. I crowd sourced a couple of these from Movellas users as well.

Mr Darcy & Elizabeth Bennett - Suggested by @Sanguine on Movellas
Of course, the long reigning king and queen of the list. I grew up with Pride and Prejudice in my house, and I loved the story of these lovers growing to understand each other. One of the most 'real' couples on the list I think, and that's why they deserve pride of place.

Jamie & Claire Fraser
As I write I am watching the Starz series of Outlander. I've read all of the books so far so I am not just a series hound. I can't wait for the next book to find out the next chapter in this epic couple's life. Even in times of peace on the Ridge there was drama, tied to the history of the time.

Ma & Pa Ingles
Fantastic couple. They went through some hard times let me tell you. Anyone who hasn't read the Laura Ingles Wilder series, should seriously consider it. Nostalgic look at the American trail blazers that settled the prairies and west of America. This little family makes it through and the love that the parents have for each other, keeps the whole family going. Truly heart warming.

Romeo & Juliet - Suggested by @Madouc on Movellas
The classics. They're pretty far down my list because they are one of the most impossible couples. first of all, they're children. Even in the context of the time her father is a little weary about marrying her off so soon. and then Romeo is just looking to be in love and rashly launches himself at her. Its a brilliant story and they pay the ultimate price. doomed love, it's a dark one to have on the list, but you can't miss out the greatest love story there is.

Mr & Mrs Weasley
While researching this list Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione came up a couple times as potentials. But that got me thinking, the real fictional couple we have to look at here is Mr & Mrs Weasley, the ultimate parents. Not only are they intent on keeping their family safe and together, they're still fighting the darkest powers there are. and Mrs W still has time to knit a Christmas jumper for all of them. Go team Weasley.

Bonus:
Rose and Jack
Throwing this couple in for funsies. Many of the couples on this list are also immortalized on screen as well as in as book, but these two will always be Kate and Leo for so many people. I think they're special because even though their relationship was brief, he inspired her to change her life.

Who are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment