Tuesday 17 December 2013

The Alphabet in Books - R

R is for Rasputin's Daughter

Not technically a recommendation as I didn't like this book... but it appears to be the only R in my reading record. So:

Robert Alexander
Penguin 19/01/2006
3/5
Mummy's Library
This short book was an easy read and perfect for the plane ride home from Istanbul. This piece of historical fiction was a interesting, but only because I am already interested in this period of history. The little nuggets of interest were mostly already known, and there wasn't anything particularly ground breaking in terms of the story line. 
A sweet book, It had some adult themes but I felt that the writing style was slightly too young for me, aimed more at a young adult audience then me. If you're into historical fiction from this time, then it's a good one, but it's not the best and is particularly simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment