Monday 9 December 2013

The Alphabet in Books - J

J is for James and the Giant Peach

A classic recommendation from my early years, it is of course the brilliant Roald Dahl. Known for his classic children's books, I certainly read them when I was a child.

The story follows an enchanted magic peach which blows up to the size of a mansion and travels around with a small boy inside it. It's fantastic, literally. Anyone who has not yet read it, do not classify this as a children's book which will be below your level, please pick it up and get ready for the giggles.

I am a reader, and though there are a number of authors who contributed to that fact, Roald Dahl said: "If my books can help children become readers, then I feel I have accomplished something important." You did, Sir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment