Thursday 2 October 2014

It Took A Year

Last weekend I gave you a clue about some changes that would be coming on the blog. Did anyone guess what they might be?

Well, I am actually writing from my new office, at my new job. and tomorrow I am moving into my new house with a 26 minute commute. 

I was starting to think it would never happen! But 12 months of interning paid off and I am no longer an intern in books. So what am I up to?

I am the communities manager at Movellas. Movellas is a writing app and website, mainly for teenagers where they can publish their writing. We run a ton of competitions and it is my job to go back and forth with publishers to build campaigns and negotiate prizes. I'm also the main point of contact for any questions that the users have. 

So what will happen to intern in books? Well I love my blog, so I'm going to keep it up and keep updating. I still have a ton of advice for interns so will carry on as long as I can. Maybe in a few months this blog might graduate to Working in Books so there is that to look forward to! 

Since I've got my job (and my first paycheck) I will be moving into my new house just 30 minutes from central london. Everything is coming together *wipes a tear*

I'm starting the next chapter of my life and I am running at it full tilt (its now 7:30 on a Friday night and I still have emails! Couldnt be happier)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Georgia, you worked hard and it paid off :)

    ReplyDelete